Hello fellow marketing students and world, welcome to my first blog post!
I'm a business administration major at Linn Benton and I love people, God, fitness, music, cooking, travel, cats, and fun beverages (I'm who single-handled keeps all convenience stores in business.) I'm super hype to use this blog to share my profound marketing/business revelations and research. Or potentially not so profound, but hopefully at least entertaining!
While yes, I am majoring in Business, the plan is not necessarily to use this degree to get a job. This is my back up plan in case my other ventures do not work out. I would likely work in a marketing or management company if I did end up following that path, which is partly why I am taking this course. Marketing skills will also be helpful when I start my own business and market my personal brand.
The main goal is to become a personal trainer and holistic nutritionist with a focus in the ballet world (which is my background), and the working class with busy lifestyles. I'm not sure about how that will look yet but I do know that whatever career I pursue will be helping people live their happiest, healthiest, and most authentic lifestyle through a holistic, individualistic approach to nutrition and fitness. This blog will likely be focused on this topic and all of my favorite things!
I'm not even sure if anybody but my professor Rob will be reading this, but if you happen to be, here are some fun facts about me!
1) I love my Lord Jesus Christ!
I'm not ashamed to tell people where my faith lies, you don't have to agree and I will never try to push my "religion" on you, but I will not be quiet about my savior.
2)I am a creative soul.
I love to create music, designs, videos, dance choreography, and poetry. These days I don't get as much time to be creative, but I am hoping this class will re-ignite my spark!
3) I love to move my body!
Whether it's working out at the gym, taking a ballet/dance class, going for a run/hike, or rollerskating; count me in! Intentional movement is a necessity to keep me happy, healthy, and the most myself.
4) I work as the assistant manager and social media manager at the Anytime Fitness my mom owns.
The gym is basically my second home, and I love getting to meet and help so many different kinds of people, develop my customer service skills, and be a part of such a positive/fun community of members and staff! It's a bonus that my mom gets to be my boss!
5) I love being outside.
I grew up on 10 acres and the woods is my peace. Any chance I get I am getting sunshine on my face and finding a new hike spot to explore.
When it comes to this marketing course, I am most interested in learning about the intricate psychology of marketing and how I can develop the skills I already have from my work experience. A personal goal I have is to bring the humanness back into the marketing world, we have way too much AI, a lack of creativity, and a very robotic approach to advertising. I'm hoping this class will give me some ideas!
Thank you for taking the time out of your day to read my first blog post! I look forward to developing my skills and using these blog posts to connect with my classmates; and who knows, maybe the rest of the world!


No comments:
Post a Comment